Areas of Specialization:
- Tax structuring and planning in startup, acquisition, merger, divestiture, and liquidation transactions.
- Taxation and tax planning for Consolidated “C” Corporations, application of ASC740, and Earnings and Profits analysis.
- Taxation and compliance for domestic companies regarding foreign activities, including Fixed, Determinable, Annual and Periodic (FDAP) payment withholding, Effectively Connected Income (ECI) Withholding, FBAR filing, IC-DISC planning, and expatriate employee and payroll gross-up and tax equalization computations.
- Taxation of S-Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs.
- Buy and Sell side tax due diligence.
- Representation before IRS and state taxing authorities.
Aaron began his public accounting career in 2012 in international tax at a national accounting firm primarily concentrating on export incentives and transaction modeling before transitioning to a regional accounting firm in 2014 until 2021 where he worked primarily in the natural resource, private equity, and transaction / tax structuring space. In addition to annual tax compliance reporting, Aaron prospectively assists clients with tax planning and structuring matters to help minimize and mitigate Federal and state tax liabilities, navigate through complex international provisions, and cash plan for future tax liabilities.
Aaron’s industry experience includes, but is not limited to: Natural Resources (Oil and Gas, Coal, Aggregate, and Timber), Manufacturing, Transportation, and Retail
- Certified Public Accountant (Pennsylvania)