Areas of Specialization
- Financial services industry: securities broker-dealers, investment partnerships, hedge funds, investment advisors, and captive insurance companies
- Not-for-profit organizations: social services, health and welfare, arts, and membership
- Family owned businesses: professional services, retail, wholesale, and distributive
- Accounting and attestation practitioner
Ed began his career in the Washington DC area where he participated in the accounting and auditing of local, regional, and national organizations. He then served as a Partner-in-Charge of audit services for CPA firms in Pittsburgh until 1989. Currently, Ed is the Partner-in-Charge of Lally & Co’s Accounting / Auditing services, and leads the Firm’s Financial Services Industry Team and Not-For-Profit Services Team.
Ed’s primary focus and responsibility in the firm is as an Accounting and Attestation practitioner. His practice includes a wide variety of client industries, and a diverse range of audit, tax, and consulting services. Ed specializes in financial services industry relationships and management (securities broker-dealers, investment partnerships, captive insurance companies, hedge funds, and investment advisers). He also specializes in not-for-profit organizations (social services, health and welfare, arts, and membership), and family-owned businesses (professional services, retail, wholesale, and distributive). Ed also has extensive experience in Internal Accounting Control systems and procedures, and Compliance requirements and issues in various regulatory environments.
In 1976, Ed received his Bachelor of Arts from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. In 1979, he received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting from Southeastern University. In 1983, he earned his A.A.S. from Northern Virginia Community College, and his Master of Science in Accounting from Grove City College is 2001. He received accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant in the states of Virginia in 1984, Pennsylvania in 1990, West Virginia in 2002, and in New York in 2005.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1986-Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1990-Present)
- Active in various professional and community service organizations.