Areas of Specialization:
- Taxation of individuals
- Corporations, S-Corporations, and partnerships
- Corporate acquisitions
- Client representation before the Internal Revenue Service
- High-net-worth client consulting
Randy shares responsibility in overseeing all aspects of the Firm’s tax practice, and brings over 30 years of experience with individual taxation, high-net-worth client consultation, corporate taxation, subchapter S-Corporations, corporate acquisitions, and client representation before the Internal Revenue Service. Randy has been a frequent lecturer, and has authored many tax articles published in the Journal of Accountancy, Tax Advisor, Journal of Tax, Legal and Business Strategies, S-Corporation Journal, and Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
In 1978, Randy earned his Bachelor of Science in Finance from the Pennsylvania State University. In 1981, Randy graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and received his accreditation as a licensed Attorney. In 1984, Randy earned his accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant.
He began his career in 1981 with Deloitte & Touche, then known as Touche Ross & Company. From 1990 to 1999, Randy was with a regional CPA firm before joining Lally & Co. as a partner in October 1999.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association (1981-Present)
- The Allegheny County Bar Association (1981-Present)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1984-Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1984-Present)
- The Allegheny Tax Society (1990-Present)
- Past Chairman of the Tax Section of The Allegheny County Bar Association
- Former Adjunct Professor of Corporate Taxation in the Master of Taxation Program at Robert Morris University