Areas of Specialization
- Estates and trusts
- Family office services
- Trustee administration
- Succession planning
In December 1993, Robert J. Lally joined his brother, John, to expand the services of Lally & Co. Bob’s areas of specialization include estates and trusts, family office services, trustee administration, and succession planning.
Bob’s career has spanned over 32 years in public accounting, with experiences ranging from tax consulting for start-up companies, to Fortune 100 organizations. Bob serves as a trusted advisor to high-net-worth clients; and he also serves as a trustee on numerous trusts and estates, as well as charitable foundations. Bob has assisted numerous clients with the implementation, cash flow management, and gifting strategies associated with family-limited partnerships. His business consulting services to privately-held corporations have assisted in reorganization strategies, strategic positioning for a tax efficient sale, and business succession planning. Bob also quarterbacks numerous strategies for transfer of privately-held businesses to the next generation while maintain sufficient control for the older generation.
In 1984, Bob received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting from John Carroll University. In 1986, he received his accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant from the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1986-Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1986-Present)
- Trustee for a Pittsburgh-based Charitable Foundation (2001-Present)
- Treasurer of Vincentian Collaborative Services (2002-2008)
- University of Pittsburgh Beta Alpha Psi Advisory Board (2002-Present)
- Leadership positions in the YMCA of Pittsburgh Parent-Child Programs (2002-2011)
- Duquesne University Graduate School of Business’ Tax Instructor (1995-2002)