Areas of Specialization
- Tax planning and compliance for high-net worth individuals and private businesses
- Estates and trusts
- Family office services
- Charitable organizations
- Financial planning
Todd has over 25 years of experience in tax planning and compliance for high-net worth individuals, family offices, public company executives and private business owners. He began his career in 1995 practicing law in a boutique law firm specializing in tax and estate planning. Prior to joining Lally & Co, LLC in 2012, Todd spent 15 years working at two national accounting firms in their Private Client Service groups.
Todd enjoys acting as a “personal CFO” to clients. His primary focus and responsibility in the firm is to provide tax, estate planning and business valuation services to the firm’s clients. Todd has extensive experience in providing income tax compliance and planning advice to high-net worth clients. He also assists our clients with estate planning and business succession planning strategies. Todd also counsels our clients on business valuation matters, both for asset transfer and for sale purposes.
Education and Certifications
After obtaining an undergraduate degree in International Studies from Allegheny College in 1991, Todd earned his Juris Doctorate in 1994 from University of Pittsburgh School of Law and became a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania. In 2000, he earned a Certificate in Accounting from Robert Morris University and received accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania. Todd earned an accreditation in Business Valuation in 2013.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association (1994 – present)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (1994 – present)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2000 – present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2000 – present)
- Allegheny Tax Society (2002 – present)
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh (1999 – present)
- Trustee, Mary & Alexander Laughlin Children’s Center (2002 – present)
- Trustee, Laughlin Memorial, Inc. (2007 – present)