Areas of Specialization
- Accounting and auditing services to private and nonprofit organizations.
- Financial services segment servicing securities broker/dealers, investment advisors, and captive insurance companies.
- Consulting services to professional service companies and start-up companies.
David began his career in 1992 working for a local CPA firm in Squirrel Hill, specializing in small business accounting and tax return services. In 1995, he joined Ed and Randy at a similar size regional CPA firm, specializing in Accounting and Auditing services. He joined the Firm in October 1999, was promoted to Manager in 2004, and became a Partner in 2017.
David's primary focus and responsibility in the Firm is as an accounting and attestation practitioner. His practice includes a wide variety of client industries and a diverse range of audit, accounting, and consulting services. David has extensive experience in the financial services industry relationships and management (securities, broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, and investment advisors). He also specializes in privately-held businesses (professional services, retail, wholesale, manufacturing, and distributive), as well as not-for-profit organizations (social services, health and welfare, arts, and membership). David also has experience with internal control systems and procedures, and regulatory compliance requirements and issues.
Education and Certifications
In 1992, David earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Gannon University. He received accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania in 2004.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2004-Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2004-Present)
- Active in various Community Service Organizations